This simple straight pony tail looks great on stage with it’s full look. It is not only easy to do but also great for those who are travelling and might not have time to fuss with curlers or hair pieces.
- Create a part from ear to ear and secure the hair out of the way using a clip or hair tie.
- Secure the hair up into a ponytail at the desired height. Leave the section of hair at the front. This will be added later. Here we have positioned the ponytail at the crown of the head.
3. Begin teasing the hair in layers from the bottom to the top. Simply push the comb towards the scalp to create fullness for shape.
4. As each section is teased, use a hair straightener to smooth the hair beneath the teasing.
5. Gently brush the hair into place so that it is sleek and smooth. Spray into place.
6. Continue this process until the whole ponytail is straightened and smoothed over the teasing. Create a fuller ponytail with more teasing.
7. Take a section of the hair that is remaining at the front and sweep it over the hair tie to be pinned underneath the ponytail. Play with the hair to achieve the look you are after. You can create a softer look by leaving the hair a little loose. This can be secured with bobby pins and hairspray so that it will not fall out during a performance.
When using hair pins, position them into place but do not push them in all the way until you are happy that the hair is secure and in shape. Once you are confident of this, push all of the pins into place. This will save having to take out hair pins should you find you need to position them elsewhere.
8.Divide the remaining hair (that was secured out of the way at the front) into two parts. The hair is wrapped and pinned into place after being wrapped over and beneath the hair tie that is securing the ponytail. . Repeat on the other side.
9. Tuck the remaining lengths of hair underneath the main bulk of the ponytail. Secure with bobby pins and hairspray.
10. While ribbon is optional, it is the perfect way to further secure the hair and disguise imperfections that might come from being new to trialling physie hairstyles.
Please be sure to check the rules for your daughter’s age group as teasing is not always permitted for juniors. See our post 5 Simple Hairstyles For Physie Girls especially if you are new to physie and feeling a bit overwhelmed by trying your first physie do.